Nothing Better

GEDC0639The other night Casey was on the floor with Ian they were playing cars, which somehow turned into reading books. I love that Ian loves books, he loves everything about them. The joy he gets from reading books is contagious, you just can’t help but smile at the way he lights up when being read too.

GEDC0626

I know that he is a little sponge at this age and that every time we read a book, even if it is the same book like 8 times in one day. He is getting something out of it, he is learning. I love that he will point out the things he has learned as we are reading. He is now even recognizing letters, and about 80 %of the time he is right.

GEDC0640
Ollie had to get in on the action.

So what are your toddlers favorite books or favorite Authors? Ian has a few favorites, Little Blue Truck(I swear I read this book at least 5 times a day, The Ravioli Kid (I don’t know where my mom found this but it is insane how much he likes this book), and The Frog and Toad short stories (though only casey can read these he does amazing voices).

bobbibabblessiggy

The links above do use my amazon affiliate link, but that doesn’t make how many times they have been read or the amount they are loved any less real.

This entry was posted in Casey, family, Ian, moments, Ollie and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Nothing Better

1. nicole says:

My all-time favorite is Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson. There are several other books too, and they are all fun. One line repeats through the book so your child catches on and can repeat it with you. Such fun books.

2. Carrie says:

Oh my goodness…LOOK at that curly hair!

What little dolls!

3. Rene says:

My favorite book is Tickle Monster by Josie Bissett (yup, of Melrose Place). I also love Are You My Mother? The boys love pop up books, anything with dinosaurs, and these Spiderman books from the $1 bin at Target.

• Bobbi says:

Yes, I love me some dollar spot books. Pop up books he is still too rough for, we tried a couple recently. I second Are you my Mother? we also love The Foot Book(mostly though because it annoys the dog when we read it.)

4. Abigail says:

I love his laugh in the first picture. Good for you raising a little reader, that’s so important. As a huge book lover I may or may not be biased.

• Bobbi says:

Yes, the laugh in that picture is one of those lucky to have my camera handy moments. We all love books in this house, even that baby and the dog. One loves to eat them and the other to sleep on them, I let you decide which does what.