Being On

Since Tuesday night, I have been in Utah. I am here attending Evo, a conference about the evolution of women in social media. For the most part it has been an amazing experience. Today I woke up knowing that I had been “on” for too long. My mind was spent, I am social butterfly but today I was on empty. All I want is to be home with my boys but that isn’t going to happen till Monday night. So I need to put my big girl panties on and deal.
I broke down this afternoon and called Casey in tears after trying to change my flight tomorrow and not being able too. Casey answered and I was bawling he was worried I was hurt, when I said no he asked why I was crying? When I answered I missed him and Ian, he laughed. They miss me too but they are crying and neither should I, what sweet hubs he doesn’t want me to cry.
So my question is how does your body react when you have stretched it to it’s limit?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Don’t miss any of my adventures of being a Grown up?

This entry was posted in Blog Event, Bobbi Janay, Evo. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Being On

1. PaperFlora2 says:

well, I react exactly like you do…with tears. For the past 3 months our family has been going through an emotional roller coaster and I want to get off! Just when you think it's going to stop it takes another loop. So all that to say, I just have myself a good cry, I don't really want to talk about it with anyone in detail I just want to cry, take a deep breath and "put on my big girl panties" and move on. I usually feel much better! http://paperflora2.blogspot.comhttp://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperFlorahttp://twitter.com/PaperFlora2

2. Lauren says:

You've just been going nonstop since you got there and you're worn out. That's why you broke down. It's okay to feel that way!

3. Forever Andrea says:

I react one of two ways. Either I can't stop the tears, or I can't stop laughing. I prefer the laughing. 😀 but there is something about a good cry to "cleanse" you and make you feel better, like you've cried out the emotion and now you can move on.

4. mommasunshine says:

I often break down and cry when I'm stretched to my limit as well. It can be a pretty good stress release…

5. MindyMom says:

I definitely need my down time in between major stretches of "on" time. And during that down time I want to do nothing but veg; watch some t.v., a movie – something, anything that doesn't involve a plan or keeping a schedule.

6. Tauni says:

I crashed yesterday. Totally exhausted. Sorry to hear your flight was cancelled…I know you were looking forward to going home. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and leaving a comment. I am glad you liked the wall decor I made.

7. erica says:

oh no…i didn't realize your flight was canceled until just now. Let me know how everything goes. I hope you get home alright. xoxoerica

8. Steph says:

Conferences are so emotionally draining. I know I had a 2 hour meltdown on Saturday morning. The good part is there are always some wonderful people to pick you up and help you over the hump.It was marvelous chatting with you oh so briefly at the conference. We will have to hang out more at the next conference.