International Babywearing Week 2009

I am going to start this post out with a little secret when I was pregnant with Ian, I said that I would not wear my children, boy have I ate those words. I am so sad that I didn’t start wearing Ian till he was almost 3 months old.  I can’t believe that I missed out on wearing my first baby as a newborn.  Lesson learned we hardly go a day with out him being worn for at least a few minutes even if it is just so we can take FootFoot for a walk.  Wearing my baby makes getting things done around here so much easier (except when he tries to “help” me fold laundry).

As you have gathered I do wear my son, so I am going to tell what carriers we use, Ergo, Ellaroo Mei Hip Carrier (this was the first carrier that I had that caused us to fall in love with baby wearing), and a Peanut Shell.
Do you know the benefits of wearing your baby?  Do you know there are many different types of carriers that you can use to wear your baby? You can find answers to these questions and more at Babywearing International.

Now the question is do you wear your baby?
Wear can find some babywearing themed contest this week :
If you know of more please add them to the comments so I can add them to the list.

In the pictures:

This entry was posted in Babywearing. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to International Babywearing Week 2009

1. Kristen says:

Love this post!

2. Adventures In Babywearing says:

I love Babywearing Week!!Steph

3. J says:

I am looking forward to wearing our new baby too! I found the (originaL) Moby for only $39.95 at http://www.cottonbabies.com last week, which is about $20 cheaper than some of the other places I've looked, if that helps anyone!

4. Anonymous says:

Ill win this competitions hands down, who can resist a teady bear holding a baby. Wait its not a competition….Oops! -Gabe

5. Sweetpea says:

I've worn Emilia since the day she came home from the hospital and I love it! Even better, she loves it too. I just use a regular hotsling and it makes things so much easier and she loves being close to her Momma. We just mastered wearing her on the hip and back and I'll continue wearing her as long as I can. And I fully expect to wear my next baby, especially since I'll be chasing after a toddler. 🙂

6. angel says:

Its fascinating! I didn't realise it was such a big "thing"!

7. Sharon says:

Adventures in Babywearing is the only one I know of, but I did blog about my peanut shell this week.And I'm so impressed with myself because I didn't know there was a babywearing week when I blogged about it!!

8. Momma Sunshine says:

I had a ring sling for my youngest daughter and loved it. I wore her everywhere. My only regret was that I didn't do it for my oldest daughter as well, who I think would have responded really well to babywearing. 🙂

9. Amy says:

I loved wearing Kaitlynn. I unfortunately didn't start wearing her until she was over 3 months old too. I know my 2nd one will be in the sling or some other carrier all the time. I linked the ring sling from Kangaroo Kids.