I know every new mother with a blog does a baby product reviews, well I am doing one too but a little different. I am starting it out with a few questions to your veteran moms/dads that have been there done that.
1: How often do/did change your baby’s crib sheet (if it wasn’t a necessary change)?
2: If you were a Formula Feeder, what kind of bottles did you use and when did you start to transition to a sippy cup?
3: What is/was your child’s nap/bedtime routine?
4: How did you and your SO keep things even (ex: changing diapers, bottles, etc…)?
5: If you cloth diaper do you prefer all in ones or prefolds and covers?
Enough with the questions how about a few of the gizmos and gadgets that make my life easier.
- The Captain’s Chair (AKA: Exersaucer:) It has been a godsend in the afternoons I put the TV on PBS Sprout or just plain old PBS and Mr. Ian goes to town between the toys and the TV.
- My carriers (Ergo, Ellaroo’s Mei Hip Carrier): When he is in a mood and wants to be held or FootFoot has to go. It is so nice to be able to just wear him to get things done.
- Travel System(Graco) : In the beginning we used the carriage almost every time we went somewhere and now I use the stroller 3-5 times a week.
- Pacifiers: This one is self explanatory.
- Soothies: These are the little blankets that one side is a silk like material and one is fleece. Ian loves these he uses one to go to sleep.
- Swing (Fisher Price Rainforest Cradle Swing and Graco Pooh Bear): Ian basically lived in his the first 6 weeks and he still naps in them from time to time.
- Couch: We have a a loveseat in Ian’s room instead of a glider (that is downstairs) it was a lifesaver for middle of the night feeds.
Then there are the things that are nice to have but not necessary, there too many to list them all so I am going to only list a few.
- Boppy: Even if breastfeeding a regular pillow will do the trick.
- Bouncer: Ian only liked his for about a month.
- Diaper Pail: To be honest a lidded trashcan will do the same thing and it is alot cheaper.
- Pack and Plays: We have only used ours when we got FIL which to be honest Ian could sleep in the bed with us if necessary, when traveling.
Then there are the absolutely useless items, this list could also be long but I have narrowed it down to the ones that annoyed me the most once I firgured out they were useless.
- Crib Set: They can’t ussed the comforter for a long time, bumpers just make changing the sheet harder.
- Diaper Bags: I figured out tote bags of varying sizes work better and have more options when it comes to looks.
- Security blankets: My child hated being swaddled, so they became burp clothes which I had way to many.
- Shoes: I like baby shoes they are cute but he never really wore them.
- Scratch Mittens: Baby socks do the same thing and have a dual purpose.
Also I am/ have been working on a Q and A post so my readers can get to know me better so please leave your question in the comments.